Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Voice Thread Week 5

There are many great tools that can be used by educators and students. Power Point, voice threads, C-maps, etc. All of these tools are tools that can be used by both the educator and the students to construct good quality tools for learning.

The voice thread was really exciting and students (teachers too) can use informational images, text, voice, and communicate with other educators and students all over the world, sharing their knowledge as they create. Students learn best by creating, building, and reconstructing artifacts because they are able to share their experiences, triumphs, and failures with each other through their creations. This can especially be seen during group activities. Students are able to listen to each other and learn by watching, listening, and doing while in a group setting. One of my favorite lessons is having my students create a Power Point presentation in a group setting. I love watching them discover their strengths and weaknesses and learning how to work through problems.

By creating this brief voice thread I can see how it could be useful in the classroom. I think that it would allow itself to be an effective tool in communicating and sharing with parents and other students around the world.

Click on the link below to see my voice thread:
http://voicethread.com/share/1702259/

3 comments:

  1. Emily,

    Your link takes me to the third step, create step. I cannot see your finished voicethread.

    Dreanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dreanna! Problem solved, you should be able to see it now!

    Thanks again,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,
    I love your voicethread! It reminds me of the tobacco commercials I see on t.v. and is very powerful. I think it is important for students to get those awful images stuck in their head- maybe then it will click,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete